|Land Area||39,997 km2|
|Water Area||1,280 km2|
|Total Area||41,277km2 (#132)|
|Government Type||Federal Republic (formally A Confederation)|
|GDP (PPP)||$496.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$59,400|
View all cities in Switzerland
- Coastline: 0 km landlocked (0 miles)
- Land Area:
( land) 15,443 sq miles (39,997 sq km)
( water) 494 sq miles (1,280 sq km)
( TOTAL) 15,937 sq miles (41,277 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 26 cantons in Switzerland, including: Aargau, Appenzell Ausser-Rhoden, Appenzell Inner-Rhoden, Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt, Bern, Fribourg, Geneve, Glarus, Graubunden, Jura, Luzern, Neuchatel, Nidwalden, Obwalden, Sankt Gallen, Schaffhausen, Schwyz, Solothurn, Thurgau, Ticino, Uri, Valais, Vaud, Zug, Zurich
- Horizontal Width: 233.14 miles (374.97 km) from Bern east to Chur
- Vertical Length: 273.45 miles (439.35 km) from Locarno north to Schaffhausen
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (5) Austria, France, Italy, Liechtenstein, Germany
- Geographic Center: About 27.8 miles (44.74 km) south of Lucerne
- Highest Point: Dufourspitze 15,206 ft (4,634 m)
- Lowest Point: Lake Maggiore 639 ft (195 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What Is The Capital Of Switzerland?
Switzerland does not have an official capital city. When Switzerland became a country in 1848, it was decided that the country would have no official capital city in an effort to award every territory in the country equal importance. However, Bern was selected to host the nation's federal government, becoming the de facto capital.
What is the Capital of Switzerland?
Are There Any Female Heads of Government?
There are many powerful women in politics around the world. Some examples are Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom, Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel, and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf the President of Liberia and the first female head of state in Africa.
10 Female Heads of State
What is the Busiest Airport in Switzerland?
The Zurich Airport, located in Zurich, a popular tourist destination in Switzerland, is the busiest airport in Switzerland.