- Name: Lithuania
(long form) Republic of Lithuania
- Capital City: Vilnius (560,190 pop.)
- Lithuania Population: 3,515,858 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Lithuanian Litas
- Ethnicity: Lithuanian 84%, Polish 6.1%, Russian 4.9%, Belarusian 1.1%, other or unspecified 3.9%
- GDP total: $64.8 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $20,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Lithuanian (official) 82%, Russian 8%, Polish 5.6%, other and unspecified 4.4%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipeda, Siauliai, Panevezys
- Name: The first known record of the name Lithuania comes from an 11th century story which recorded a Latinized Slavic form of the name Lietuva. Despite the known origin, the meaning behind the name is still debated amongst scholars to this day.
- National Day: February 16
- Religion: Roman Catholic 79%, Russian Orthodox 4.1%, Protestant (including Lutheran and Evangelical Christian Baptist) 1.9%, other or unspecified 5.5%, none 9.5%
|Land Area||62,680 km2|
|Water Area||2,620 km2|
|Total Area||65,300km2 (#121)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$85.62 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$29,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World