|Land Area||294,140 km2|
|Water Area||7,200 km2|
|Total Area||301,340km2 (#71)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$2,220.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$36,300|
View all cities in Italy
- Coastline: 7,600 km (4,729.25 miles)
- Land Area:
(land) 113,567 sq miles (294,140 sq km)
(water) 2,780 sq miles (7,200 sq km)
(TOTAL) 116,347 sq miles (301,340 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: (20) Abruzzo, Basilicata, Calabria, Campania, Emilia-Romagna, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Lazio, Liguria, Lombardia, Marche, Molise, Piemonte, Puglia, Sardegna, Sicilia, Toscana, Trentino-Alto Adige, Umbria, Valle d'Aosta and Veneto.
- Regions Map
- Regions (largest by population) Lombardy, 9,393,092
- Regions (largest by size) Sicily, 25,707 sq km
- Horizontal Width: 253 km (157 miles) from Pisa east to Ancona
- Vertical Length: 550 km (885 miles) from Milan southeast to Cosenza
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (6) Austria, France, Vatican, San Marino, Slovenia and Switzerland
- Geographic Center: About 115 km (71 miles) north of Rome
Note: Geographic center does not take into account the islands of Sardinia and Sicily
- Highest Point: Mount Blanc, 4,748 m (15,577 ft.)
- Lowest Point: Mediterranean Sea, 0 m (0 ft.)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What are the Demographics of Italy?
Around 8% of Italy’s population identify as one of the numerous non-Italian minorities, with Romanian Italians being the largest of the minority groups. The dominant ethnic group in Italy is the native Italians who mainly speak the Italian language
The Religious Demographics Of Italy
What is the Largest City in Italy?
Rome is the most populous city in Italy, followed by Milan and Naples. Rome has a population of around 2.8 million people.
The Largest Cities in Italy
Where is Poveglia?
Poveglia Island is located on the Venetian lagoon in northern Italy. It is well known for having been the site of quarantine efforts by the Italian government during the Black Plague.
Where is "Plague Island"?
What is the Geography of Rome?
The geography surrounding Rome, an ancient Italian city on the banks of the Tiber River, has heavily influenced the expansion of the city through the ages. The historic city of Rome is located in the central-western part of the Italian Peninsula on the banks of the Tiber River in the Lazio region of Italy.
The Geography Of Rome
What Kind of Government Does Italy Have?
Italy has a parliamentary republic type of government, complete with the Executive, Judiciary, and Legislative divisions. The 1948 Constitution provides the framework for Italy's government.
What Type of Government Does Italy Have?
What are the Biggest Ethnic Groups in Italy?
The largest ethnic group in Italy is Italian. Around 8% of Italy's population identify as one of the numerous non-Italian minorities, with Romanian Italians being the largest of the minority groups.
Largest Ethnic Groups Of Italy
Italy regions & their capitals