- Name: Oman
(long form) Sultanate of Oman
- Capital City: Muscat (1,090,797 pop.)
- Oman Population: 3,154,134 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Omani Rial (OMR)
- Ethnicity: Arab, Baluchi, South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi), African
- GDP total: $90.66 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $28,500 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official), English, Baluchi, Urdu, Indian dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) Muscat, Salalah, Suhar, Ibri, Suwayq
- Name: It is suggested that Oman's name comes from aamen, or amoun, which translates to, "settled man," as opposed to nomadic peoples
- National Day: November 18
- Religion: Ibadhi Muslim 75%, other (includes Sunni Muslim, Shia Muslim, Hindu) 25%
|Land Area||309,500 km2|
|Total Area||309,500km2 (#70)|
|Government Type||Absolute Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$173.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$43,700|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World