|Land Area||2,699,700 km2|
|Water Area||25,200 km2|
|Total Area||2,724,900km2 (#9)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$469.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$25,700|
View all cities in Kazakhstan
- Coastline: 0 km landlocked; note - Kazakhstan borders the Aral Sea, now split into two bodies of water 664 miles (1,070 km), and the Caspian Sea 1,176 miles (1,894 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 1,042,354 sq miles (2,699,700 sq km)
(water) 9,730 sq miles (25,200 sq km)
(TOTAL) 1,052,084 sq miles (2,724,900 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 14 provinces and 3 cities; provinces include: Nur-Sultan Oblysy, Aqmola Oblysy (Astana), Aqtobe Oblysy, Atyrau Oblysy, Batys Qazaqstan Oblysy (Oral), Mangghystau Oblysy (Aqtau), Ongtustik Qazaqstan Oblysy (Shymkent), Pavlodar Oblysy, Qaraghandy Oblysy, Qostanay Oblysy, Qyzylorda Oblysy, Shyghys Qazaqstan Oblysy (Oskemen), Soltustik Qazaqstan Oblysy (Petropavlovsk) and Zhambyl Oblysy (Taraz). Cities include: Nur-Sultan Qalasy, Bayqongyr Qalasy and Astana Qalasy
- Horizontal Width: 1,021.82 miles (1,644.47 km) from Aqtobe east to Semey
- Vertical Length: 829.35 miles (1,334.71 km) from Petropavlovsk south to Shymkent
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (5) China, Kyrgyzstan, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- Geographic Center: About 273.92 miles (440.83 km) southwest of Karaganda
- Highest Point: Khan Tengri 22,949 ft. (6,995 m)
- Lowest Point: Vpadina Kaundy -432 ft. (-132 m) below sea level
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What Kind of Economy Does Kazakhstan Have?
The economy of Kazakhstan is the largest one in Central Asia and is supported by enormous oil reserves, minerals, and metals.
The Economy Of Kazakhstan
What Languages are Spoken in Kazakhstan?
Kazakhstan is a bilingual nation where both Kazakh and Russian are spoken widely in the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Kazakhstan?
Which Is The Most Populous City In Kazakhstan?
With a population of nearly 2 million people, Almaty is Kazakhstan’s most populous city. It houses about 8% of the country’s total population.
Biggest Cities In Kazakhstan
What is the majority religion in Kazakhstan?
Islam is the highest religion making up to 70% of the population, followed by Christianity forming 26% and other religions in the minority.
Religion in Kazakhstan
Where is Star Fruit Grown?
Star fruit is a marshy plant native to Kazakhstan, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Russia, and France. It grows favorably in marshes and ponds and can grow to reach 1 foot. I
Native Plants Of Kazakhstan
What Kind of Government Does Kazakhstan Have?
Kazakhstan is a presidential republic where the President, the head of state, nominates the head of government.