- Name: Togo
(long form) Togolese Republic
- Capital City: Lomé (837,437 pop.)
- Togo Population: 7,154,237 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Central African CFA franc
1000 Central African CFA francs
- Ethnicity: African (37 tribes; largest and most important are Ewe, Mina, and Kabre) 99%, European and Syrian-Lebanese less than 1%
- GDP total: $7.024 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official and the language of commerce), Ewe and Mina (the two major African languages in the south), Kabye (sometimes spelled Kabiye) and Dagomba (the two major African languages in the north)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Lomé, Sokodé, Kara, Kpalimé, Atakpamé
- Name: From the Ewe to (meaning 'water') and go (meaning 'shore')
- National Day: April 27
- Religion: Christian 29%, Muslim 20%, indigenous beliefs 51%
|Land Area||54,385 km2|
|Water Area||2,400 km2|
|Total Area||56,785km2 (#123)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$11.61 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,500|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World