- Name: Gabon
(long form) The Gabonese Republic
- Capital City: Libreville (578,156 pop.)
- Gabon Population: 1,640,286 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Central African CFA franc
1000 Central African CFA francs
- Ethnicity: Bantu tribes, including four major tribal groupings (Fang, Bapounou, Nzebi, Obamba); other Africans and Europeans, 154,000, including 10,700 French and 11,000 persons of dual nationality
- GDP total: $26.71 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $17,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: French (official), Fang, Myene, Nzebi, Bapounou/Eschira, Bandjabi
- Largest Cities: (by population) Libreville, Port-Gentil, Franceville, Oyem
- Name: Meaning cloak, it was the name given to the Komo River estuary due to its resemblance to a 'gabão' (an overcoat).
- National Day: August 17
- Religion: Christian 55%-75%, animist, Muslim less than 1%
|Land Area||257,667 km2|
|Water Area||10,000 km2|
|Total Area||267,667km2 (#76)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$35.98 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$19,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World