- Name: Eritrea
(long form) State of Eritrea
- Capital City: Asmara (563,9300 pop.)
- Eritrea Population: 6,233,682 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Nakfa (ERN)
- Ethnicity: nine recognized ethnic groups: Tigrinya 55%, Tigre 30%, Saho 4%, Kunama 2%, Rashaida 2%, Bilen 2%, other (Afar, Beni Amir, Nera) 5%
- GDP total: $4.412 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Tigrinya (official), Arabic (official), English (official), Tigre, Kunama, Afar, other
- Largest Cities: (by population) Asmara, Keren, Massawa, Assab, Mendefera
- Name: Meaning, "Land of the Red Sea."
- National Day: May 24
- Religion: Muslim, Coptic Christian, Roman Catholic
|Land Area||101,000 km2|
|Water Area||16,600 km2|
|Total Area||117,600km2 (#99)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$9.17 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World