- Name: Suriname
(long form) Republic of Suriname
- Capital City: Paramaribo (242,946 pop.)
- Suriname Population: 566,846 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Suriname Dollar (SRD)
Twenty Surinamese Dollars
- Ethnicity: Hindustani 37%, Creole 31%, Javanese 15%, "Maroons" 10%, Amerindian 2%, Chinese 2%, white 1%, other 2%
- GDP total: $6.685 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $12,300 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Dutch (official), English (widely spoken), Sranang Tongo, Caribbean Hindustani, Javanese
- Largest Cities: (by population) Paramaribo, Lelydorp, Nieuw Nickerie, Moengo, Nieuw Amsterdam, Marienburg, Wageningen, Albina, Groningen, Brownsweg
- Name: The name Suriname is from a Taino group called "Surinen" who were native to the region.
- National Day: November 25
- Religion: Hindu 27.4%, Protestant 25.2%, Roman Catholic 22.8%, Muslim 19.6%, native beliefs 5%
|Land Area||156,000 km2|
|Water Area||7,820 km2|
|Total Area||163,820km2 (#90)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$8.55 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World