|Land Area||1,038,700 km2|
|Water Area||100,210 km2|
|Total Area||1,138,910km2 (#25)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$688.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,100|
|More Information||Colombia Map|
View all cities in Colombia
- Name: Colombia
(long form) Republic of Colombia
- Capital City: Bogota (7,412,117 pop.)
- Colombia Population: 45,745,783 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Colombia Peso (COP)
One Thousand Colombian Pesos
- Ethnicity: Mestizo 58%, White 20%, Mulatto 14%, Black 4%, Mixed black-Amerindian 3%, Amerindian 1%
- GDP total: $511.1 billion (2012)
- GDP per capita: $11,000 (2012)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Bogota, Cali, Medellin, Barranquilla, Cartagena, Cucuta, Bucaramanga
- Name: The name Colombia comes from Christopher Columbus' given name, (Cristobal Colon)
- National Day: July 20
- Religion: Roman Catholic 90%, other 10%
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Colombia?
The Mestizo ethnic group claims a 53.5% share of Colombia’s population.
Ethnic Groups Of Colombia
What Is The Capital Of Colombia?
Bogota is the capital of Colombia. It is the largest city in the country. Bogota is administered as the Capital District and is held to be a territorial entity of the first order. It is also the nation’s economic, cultural, artistic, and sports hub.