- Name: Colombia
(long form) Republic of Colombia
- Capital City: Bogota (7,412,117 pop.)
- Colombia Population: 45,745,783 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Colombia Peso (COP)
One Thousand Colombian Pesos
- Ethnicity: Mestizo 58%, White 20%, Mulatto 14%, Black 4%, Mixed black-Amerindian 3%, Amerindian 1%
- GDP total: $511.1 billion (2012)
- GDP per capita: $11,000 (2012)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Bogota, Cali, Medellin, Barranquilla, Cartagena, Cucuta, Bucaramanga
- Name: The name Colombia comes from Christopher Columbus' given name, (Cristobal Colon)
- National Day: July 20
- Religion: Roman Catholic 90%, other 10%
|Land Area||1,038,700 km2|
|Water Area||100,210 km2|
|Total Area||1,138,910km2 (#25)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$688.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,100|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World