Orlando Florida Map, Attractions, Points of Interest
The City of Orlando, Florida is a vacation mecca for people from around the world. In fact, the entire Orlando region is home to an incredible assortment of family entertainment attractions, second to none.
The Orlando area receives over 50 million tourists annually, and Orlando has the second largest number of hotel rooms in the country, after Las Vegas, Nevada. Orlando is also one of the busiest American cities for conferences and conventions.
ADDITIONAL FLORIDA CITY PAGES:
- The city's namesake was a Second Seminole War soldier named Orlando Reeves, believed to have died in the area in the mid-1800's.
- Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort was modeled after Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany.
- Famous Orlando residents include the Backstreet Boys, Johnny Damon, NSYNC, Wesley Snipes, and of course, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- No city in Florida is more than 75 miles from either the Atlantic Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico.
- Aquatica Water Park by SeaWorld
This attraction is a unique twist on the traditional water park, and it has something of interest for everyone. Vacationers from the United States and from around the world come to splash, slide and take the plunge.
- Discovery Cove, Orlando
This is another great Florida family attraction from the creators of Sea as here you can actually swim with the Dolphins. Interactions with the dolphins and other animals is carefully supervised and controlled for the safety of both sea creatures and people. Note that the park allows only one thousand visitors per day, so be early
- Disney World, Florida
Its family of theme parks include Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, MGM Studios, plus a complex of resorts, nightlife, water parks, and other family attractions. Note that Disney offers great packages to all of their Orlando theme parks.
print this map