|Land Area||1,943,945 km2|
|Water Area||20,430 km2|
|Total Area||1,964,375km2 (#13)|
|Government Type||Federal Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$2,310.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$18,900|
View all cities in Mexico
- Land: 742,490 sq miles ( 1,923,040 sq km)
- Water: 19,116 sq miles (49,510 sq km)
- Total: 761,606 sq miles (1,972,550 sq km)
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Horizontal Width: From Mazatlan on the Pacific Ocean, directly east to the city of Tampico on the Caribbean Sea, 549 miles (884 km)
- Vertical Length: From Tijuana in the far northwest, southeast to Tuxtla, 1,181 miles (1,901 km)
- Geographic Center: Silao de la Victoria, a city in the west-central part of the state of Guanajuato.
- Highest Point:
Volcan Pico de Orizaba, 18,701 ft. (5,700 m)
- Lowest Point:
Laguna Salada, (-33 ft.) (-10 m)
- Mean Elevation: 4,921 feet (1,500m)
- Belize 155 miles (250 km)
- Guatemala 597 miles (962 km)
- USA 1,951 miles (3,141 km)
- Bordering Countries (3) USA, Belize, Guatemala
Mexico is divided into 31 states and 1 federal district: Map
- Baja California
- Baja California Sur
- Coahuila de Zaragoza
- Michoacan de Ocampo
- Nuevo Leon
- Queretaro de Arteaga
- Quintana Roo
- San Luis Potosi
- District: Distrito Federal
- Most northern state: Baja California
- Most southern state: Chiapas
- Most eastern state: Quintana Roo
- Most western state: Baja California
- Coastline Total 5,797 miles (9,330 km)
- Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico coastline: 1,238 miles (1,992 km)
- Gulf of California/Pacific Ocean coastline: 4,459 miles (7,338 km)
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
What is the Richest State in Mexico?
The state of Nuevo León has a gross domestic product per capita (PPP) of $27,000, making it the richest state in Mexico.
The 10 Richest States In Mexico
What Continent is Mexico In?
Mexico is located in the southern portion of North America.
What Continent Is Mexico In?
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Mexico?
Mexican Mestizo is the largest ethnic group in Mexico, accounting for around 62% of the national population. Mestizo Mexicans are people of blended descent. Their origin is principally the intermarriage between the indigenous people of Mexico and Europeans, furthermore, to a lesser degree, Africans and Asians. Mestizo culture is diverse, and incorporates some cultural elements of African, Asian, Mexican and European culture.
Largest Ethnic Groups In Mexico
What is the Most Popular Religion in Mexico?
Roman Catholicism is the most popular religion in Mexico, accounting for more than 90% of the population. Other types of Christianity make up around 6.6% of the country's total population.
Religious Beliefs In Mexico
What is the Biggest City in Mexico?
Mexico City is the capital of Mexico and by far the most populated city in the country. It has around 8.5 million residents.
The Biggest Cities In Mexico
What Kind of Government Does Mexico Have?
Mexico is a federal presidential representative democratic republic where the president is the head of state and the head of government.