- GDP Total: $107.7 billion (2006)
- GDP per capita: $5,339 (2006)
- Major Languages: Spanish, English, Mayan languages and many others
- Population: 42,293,676 (2009 est)
- Population Density: 77.2 km2 (29.8 sq mi)
Capital Cities: (see map)
(by metro population)
- Guatemala City: 3,681,309
- Managua: 2,105,000
- San Jose: 1,715,485
- Tegucigalpa: 1,324,000
- Panama City: 1,272,672
- San Salvador: 540,898
- Belmopan: 20,000
(by population - 2009 est)
- Guatemala: 14,377,000
- Honduras: 7,616,000
- El Salvador: 6,194,000
- Nicaragua: 5,822,000
- Costa Rica: 4,640,000
- Panama: 3,322,576
- Belize: 322,100
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World