- Status: Part of the French Southern and Antarctic Lands, an overseas department of France, claimed 1955, including Saint Paul Island and Crozet and Kerguelen Islands.
- Capital City: NA
- Climate: Sub Antarctic, with year round cold and windy conditions
- Coordinates: 37º 50' south, 77º 30' east
- General Information: A volcanic island, now extinct
- Location Description: Approximately 2,600 miles southwest of Perth, Australia
- Terrain: Rugged
- Languages: NA
- Official Currency: NA
- Population: Officially none, as it's used only as a research station
- Land Area: 61 sq km (23.5 sq miles)
- Amsterdam Island here
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
29 Largest Armies In The World
What are Roman Numerals?