- Status: Part of the French Southern and Antarctic Lands, an overseas department of France, claimed 1955, including Saint Paul Island and Crozet and Kerguelen Islands.
- Capital City: NA
- Climate: Sub Antarctic, with year round cold and windy conditions
- Coordinates: 37º 50' south, 77º 30' east
- General Information: A volcanic island, now extinct
- Location Description: Approximately 2,600 miles southwest of Perth, Australia
- Terrain: Rugged
- Languages: NA
- Official Currency: NA
- Population: Officially none, as it's used only as a research station
- Land Area: 61 sq km (23.5 sq miles)
- Amsterdam Island here
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
This page was last updated on June 16, 2020.