- Name: Hungary
Republic of Hungary (long form)
- Capital City: Budapest (1,721,556 pop.)
- Hungary Population: 9,939,470 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Hungarian forint
- Ethnicity: Hungarian 92.3%, Roma 1.9%, other or unknown 5.8%
- GDP total: $195.4 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $19,800 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Hungarian 93.6%, unspecified 6.4%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Budapest, Debrecen, Miskolc, Szeged, Pecs, Gyor, Nyiregyhaza, Szekesfehervar, Kecskemet
- Name: The word Hungary comes from the Medieval Greek word Oungroi, "land of the Huns," and is translated from the word Magyar - the name given to themselves.
- National Day: August 20
- Religion: Roman Catholic 51.9%, Calvinist 15.9%, Lutheran 3%, Greek Catholic 2.6%, other Christian 1%, other or unspecified 11.1%, unaffiliated 14.5%
|Land Area||89,608 km2|
|Water Area||3,420 km2|
|Total Area||93,028km2 (#108)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$268.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$27,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
29 Largest Armies In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?