|Land Area||69,700 km2|
|Total Area||69,700km2 (#119)|
|Government Type||Semi-presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$37.27 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$10,100|
View all cities in Georgia
- Name: Georgia
(long form) Republic of Georgia
- Capital City: Tbilisi (1,152,500 pop.)
- Georgia Population: 4,555,911 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Georgian lari
- Ethnicity: Georgian 83.8%, Azeri 6.5%, Armenian 5.7%, Russian 1.5%, other 2.5%
- GDP total: $26.52 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $5,900 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Georgian 71% (official), Russian 9%, Armenian 7%, Azeri 6%, other 7% note: Abkhaz is the official language in Abkhazia
- Largest Cities: (by population) Tbilisi, Kutaisi, Batumi, Zugdidi
- Name: Georgia's name comes from the Christian martyr Saint George
- National Day: May 26
- Religion: Orthodox Christian 83.9%, Muslim 9.9%, Armenian-Gregorian 3.9%, Catholic 0.8%, other 0.8%, none 0.7%
This page was last updated on July 10, 2020.
Where is South Ossetia?
South Ossetia is located on the southern slopes of the Greater Caucasus Mountains.