- Name: Denmark
(long form) Kingdom of Denmark
- Capital City: Copenhagen (539,542 pop.)
- Denmark Population: 5,556,452 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Danish Krone
50 Danish Krones
- Ethnicity: Scandinavian, Inuit, Faroese, German, Turkish, Iranian, Somali
- GDP total: $208.5 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $37,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Danish, English, Faroese, Greenlandic (an Inuit dialect), German (small minority)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Copenhagen, Arhus, Odense, Alborg and Esbjerg.
- Name: The meaning behind Denmark's name is thought to derive from the first part of the word from a word meaning "flat land", while the -mark is believed to mean woodland or borderland.
- National Day: June 5, Constitution Day
- Religion: Evangelical Lutheran 95%, other Christian 3%, Muslim 2%
|Land Area||42,434 km2|
|Water Area||660 km2|
|Total Area||43,094km2 (#130)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$265.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$46,600|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World