|Land Area||55,974 km2|
|Water Area||620 km2|
|Total Area||56,594km2 (#124)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$94.24 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$22,400|
View all cities in Croatia
- Name: Croatia
(long form) Republic of Croatia
- Capital City: Zagreb (686,568 pop.)
- Croatia Population: 4,475,611(2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Croatian kuna
- Ethnicity: Croat 89.6%, Serb 4.5%, other 5.9% (including Bosniak, Hungarian, Slovene, Czech, and Roma)
- GDP total: $79.14 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $18,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Croatian (official) 96.1%, Serbian 1%, other and undesignated 2.9% (including Italian, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, and German)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Zagreb, Split, Rijeka
- Name: Latin in origin, Croatia's name literally means "Land of Croats"
- National Day: October 8
- Religion: Roman Catholic 87.8%, Orthodox 4.4%, other Christian 0.4%, Muslim 1.3%, other and unspecified 0.9%, none 5.2%
This page was last updated on September 29, 2015.
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Croatia?
The majority of Croatia's population is of Croat ethnic origin. The Croat people make up 90.4% of Croatia's population.