- Name: Croatia
(long form) Republic of Croatia
- Capital City: Zagreb (686,568 pop.)
- Croatia Population: 4,475,611(2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Croatian kuna
- Ethnicity: Croat 89.6%, Serb 4.5%, other 5.9% (including Bosniak, Hungarian, Slovene, Czech, and Roma)
- GDP total: $79.14 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $18,100 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Croatian (official) 96.1%, Serbian 1%, other and undesignated 2.9% (including Italian, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, and German)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Zagreb, Split, Rijeka
- Name: Latin in origin, Croatia's name literally means "Land of Croats"
- National Day: October 8
- Religion: Roman Catholic 87.8%, Orthodox 4.4%, other Christian 0.4%, Muslim 1.3%, other and unspecified 0.9%, none 5.2%
|Land Area||55,974 km2|
|Water Area||620 km2|
|Total Area||56,594km2 (#124)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$94.24 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$22,400|
In The News
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World