|Land Area||202,900 km2|
|Water Area||4,700 km2|
|Total Area||207,600km2 (#84)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic In Name, Although In Fact A Dictatorship|
|GDP (PPP)||$166.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,500|
View all cities in Belarus
- Name: Belarus
(long form) Republic of Belarus
- Capital City: Minsk (1,836,808 pop.)
- Belarus Population: 9,625,888 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Belarusian ruble
500 Belarusian rubles
- Ethnicity: Belarusian 81.2%, Russian 11.4%, Polish 3.9%, Ukrainian 2.4%, other 1.1%
- GDP total: $150.3 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $16,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Belarusian (official) 36.7%, Russian (official) 62.8%, other 0.5% (includes small Polish- and Ukrainian-speaking minorities)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Minsk, Gomel, Mogilev, Vitebsk, Hrodno, Brest, Babruysk, Baranovici, Borisov, Pinsk, Orsa, Mozir, Solegorsk
- Name: From Belarusian, meaning "White Rus." It is believed that the prefix Bela- originated from Sanskrit "Bala" (morning/white) and that early cultures held to the notion that the color represented freedom, purity and nobility
- National Day: July 3
- Religion: Eastern Orthodox 80%, other (which includes Roman Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, and Muslim) 20%
What is the biggest city in Belarus?
Minsk is Belarus’ capital and largest city with 1.97 million people.
The Biggest Cities In Belarus
What Kind of Government Does Belarus Have?
The government of Belarus is divided into 3 branches: executive, legislative, and judicial.
What Type Of Government Does Belarus Have?
What are the major rivers of Belarus?
Major rivers of Belarus include Dnieper River, Daugava River, Neman River, and Bug River.
Major Rivers Of Belarus
What is the highest mountain in Belarus?
Dzyarzhynskaya Hara is the highest point in Belarus at an elevation of 1,132 feet above sea level.
The Highest Mountains In Belarus
What Languages Are Spoken In Belarus?
Belarusian and Russian are the two most spoken languages in Belarus. Several other minority languages are spoken throughout the country. Some of the most common of these languages include Polish, Eastern Yiddish, and Ukrainian.
Languages Spoken In Belarus
What Is The Population Of Belarus?
As of 2018, Belarus had an estimated population of around 9.5 million individuals.