- Coastline: 1,499 miles (2,413 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 37,421 sq miles (96,920 sq km )
( water) 1,081 sq miles (2,800 sq km )
( TOTAL) 38,502 sq miles (99,720 sq km )
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 9 provinces and 7 metropolitan cities in South Korea. The provinces include: Cheju-do, Cholla-bukto, Cholla-namdo, Ch'ungch'ong-bukto, Ch'ungch'ong-namdo, Kangwon-do, Kyonggi-do, Kyongsang-bukto and Kyongsang-namdo; metropolitan cities include: Inch'on, Kwangju, Pusan, Seoul, Taegu, Taejon and Ulsan.
- Horizontal Width: 162.09 miles (260.86 km) from Gunsan east to Pohang
- Vertical Length: 207.31 miles (333.64 km) from Chuncheon south to Yeosu
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (1) North Korea
- Geographic Center: About 42.68 miles (68.68 km) southwest of Andong
- Highest Point: Mt. Halla-san 6,398 ft. (1,950 m)
- Lowest Point: Sea of Japan 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
South Korea's Information
|Land Area||96,920 km2|
|Water Area||2,800 km2|
|Total Area||99,720km2 (#107)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,930.00 Billion|
|More Information||South Korea|
About South Korea
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World