South Korea's Information
|Land Area||96,920 km2|
|Water Area||2,800 km2|
|Total Area||99,720km2 (#107)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,930.00 Billion|
View all cities in South Korea
- Coastline: 1,499 miles (2,413 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 37,421 sq miles (96,920 sq km )
( water) 1,081 sq miles (2,800 sq km )
( TOTAL) 38,502 sq miles (99,720 sq km )
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 9 provinces and 7 metropolitan cities in South Korea. The provinces include: Cheju-do, Cholla-bukto, Cholla-namdo, Ch'ungch'ong-bukto, Ch'ungch'ong-namdo, Kangwon-do, Kyonggi-do, Kyongsang-bukto and Kyongsang-namdo; metropolitan cities include: Inch'on, Kwangju, Pusan, Seoul, Taegu, Taejon and Ulsan.
- Horizontal Width: 162.09 miles (260.86 km) from Gunsan east to Pohang
- Vertical Length: 207.31 miles (333.64 km) from Chuncheon south to Yeosu
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (1) North Korea
- Geographic Center: About 42.68 miles (68.68 km) southwest of Andong
- Highest Point: Mt. Halla-san 6,398 ft. (1,950 m)
- Lowest Point: Sea of Japan 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
South Korea Trivia
What are the Major Ethnic Groups of South Korea?
96% of the South Korean population is comprised by ethnic Koreans, while the largest groups of immigrants are from China and the United States.
Ethnic Minorities And Immigrants In South Korea
What is the Saemangeum Seawall?
The Saemangeum Seawall is a man-made dyke in South Korea that formed the Saemangeum estuary and it remains the country’s largest ever development project. The Government of South Korea mooted the project in the 1970s and commenced it in 1991 but construction finalized in 2010 after several challenges including environmental concerns.