South Korea's Information
|Land Area||96,920 km2|
|Water Area||2,800 km2|
|Total Area||99,720km2 (#107)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,930.00 Billion|
View all cities in South Korea
- Coastline: 1,499 miles (2,413 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 37,421 sq miles (96,920 sq km )
( water) 1,081 sq miles (2,800 sq km )
( TOTAL) 38,502 sq miles (99,720 sq km )
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 9 provinces and 7 metropolitan cities in South Korea. The provinces include: Cheju-do, Cholla-bukto, Cholla-namdo, Ch'ungch'ong-bukto, Ch'ungch'ong-namdo, Kangwon-do, Kyonggi-do, Kyongsang-bukto and Kyongsang-namdo; metropolitan cities include: Inch'on, Kwangju, Pusan, Seoul, Taegu, Taejon and Ulsan.
- Horizontal Width: 162.09 miles (260.86 km) from Gunsan east to Pohang
- Vertical Length: 207.31 miles (333.64 km) from Chuncheon south to Yeosu
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (1) North Korea
- Geographic Center: About 42.68 miles (68.68 km) southwest of Andong
- Highest Point: Mt. Halla-san 6,398 ft. (1,950 m)
- Lowest Point: Sea of Japan 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
South Korea Trivia
What are the Major Ethnic Groups of South Korea?
96% of the South Korean population is comprised by ethnic Koreans, while the largest groups of immigrants are from China and the United States.