|Land Area||143,351 km2|
|Water Area||3,830 km2|
|Total Area||147,181km2 (#93)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$71.52 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,500|
View all cities in Nepal
- Name: Nepal
(long form) Kingdom of Nepal
- Capital City: Kathmandu (1,006,656 pop.)
- Nepal Population: 30,430,267 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Nepalese Rupee (NPR)
- Ethnicity: Chhettri 15.5%, Brahman-Hill 12.5%, Magar 7%, Tharu 6.6%, Tamang 5.5%, Newar 5.4%, Muslim 4.2%, Kami 3.9%, Yadav 3.9%, other 32.7%, unspecified 2.8%
- GDP total: $40.49 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $1,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Nepali (official) 47.8%, Maithali 12.1%,
Bhojpuri 7.4%, Tharu (Dagaura/Rana) 5.8%, Tamang 5.1%, Newar 3.6%, Magar
3.3%, Awadhi 2.4%, other 10%, unspecified 2.5%
note: many government officials and businesses also speak English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Kathmandu, Pokhara, Patan, Biratnagar
- Name: Translated to mean, "The country looked after by Ne," local legend states that Nepal was the place protected by a Hindu sage named Ne.
- National Day: July 7
- Religion: Hindu 80.6%, Buddhist 10.7%, Muslim 4.2%, Kirant 3.6%, other 0.9%
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
What is the Biggest Ethnic Group in Nepal?
The Chhetri are the largest ethnic group in Nepal, representing just over 16% of the country's population.