|Land Area||130,170 km2|
|Water Area||18,290 km2|
|Total Area||148,460km2 (#92)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$628.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,900|
View all cities in Bangladesh
- Coastline: 360.4 miles (580 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 50,258 sq miles (130,168 sq km)
(water) 5,340 sq miles (13,830 sq km)
(TOTAL) 55,598 sq miles (143,998 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 7 divisions in Bangladesh. They are Barisal, Chittagong, Dhaka, Khulna, Rajshahi, Rangpur, and Sylhet
- Horizontal Width: 138.32 miles (222.6 km) from Pabna east to Brahmanbaria
- Vertical Length: 208.43 miles (335.44 km) from Rangpur south to Mongla
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (2) India and Burma (Myanmar)
- Geographic Center: About 12.33 miles (19.84 km) southeast of Narayanganj
- Highest Point: Keokradong 4,035 ft. (1,230 m)
- Lowest Point: Indian Ocean 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Where is Bangladesh?
Bangladesh is a country located in South Asia.
Fun Facts about Bangladesh
What Language is Spoken in Bangladesh?
Bengali or Bangla, the official and national language of Bangladesh, is also the language spoken by the majority of people of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Bangladesh?
What is the Longest River in Bangladesh?
The Brahmaputra River is one of the greatest in Asia and the longest to pass through Bangladesh, covering a length of 1,802 miles, and also cutting across India, Bhutan, and China. It starts from Kailash in northern Tibet and ends in the Bay of Bengal.
Major Rivers Of Bangladesh
What is the Major Religion in Bangladesh?
Most Bangladeshis are Sunni Muslims, while Hindus are the largest religious minority in the country.
Religious Beliefs In Bangladesh
Are There Any UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Bangladesh?
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Bangladesh include the Ruins of the Buddhist Vihara at Paharpur and the Historic Mosque of the City of Bagerhat.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites In Bangladesh
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Bangladesh?
The largest ethnic group in Bangladesh are the Bengali people, at 98%.