- Name: Bangladesh
(long form) People's Republic of Bangladesh
- Capital City: Dhaka (7,000,940 pop.)
- Bangladesh Population: 163,654,860 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Taka (BDT)
- Ethnicity: Bengali 98%, other 2% (includes tribal groups, non-Bengali Muslims)
- GDP total: $118.7 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Bangla (official), English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Dhaka, Chittagong, Khulna, Rajshahi
- Name: Bangladesh is a derivative of the ancient Banga Kingdom, whose name is a preservation of the Bang tribe that settled the area around 1000 BC
- National Day: March 26
- Religion: Muslim 89.5%, Hindu 9.6%, other 0.9%
|Land Area||130,170 km2|
|Water Area||18,290 km2|
|Total Area||148,460km2 (#92)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$628.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,900|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World