|Land Area||130,170 km2|
|Water Area||18,290 km2|
|Total Area||148,460km2 (#92)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$628.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,900|
View all cities in Bangladesh
- Name: Bangladesh
(long form) People's Republic of Bangladesh
- Capital City: Dhaka (7,000,940 pop.)
- Bangladesh Population: 163,654,860 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Taka (BDT)
- Ethnicity: Bengali 98%, other 2% (includes tribal groups, non-Bengali Muslims)
- GDP total: $118.7 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Bangla (official), English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Dhaka, Chittagong, Khulna, Rajshahi
- Name: Bangladesh is a derivative of the ancient Banga Kingdom, whose name is a preservation of the Bang tribe that settled the area around 1000 BC
- National Day: March 26
- Religion: Muslim 89.5%, Hindu 9.6%, other 0.9%
Where is Bangladesh?
Bangladesh is a country located in South Asia.
Fun Facts about Bangladesh
What is the Longest River in Bangladesh?
The Brahmaputra River is one of the greatest in Asia and the longest to pass through Bangladesh, covering a length of 1,802 miles, and also cutting across India, Bhutan, and China. It starts from Kailash in northern Tibet and ends in the Bay of Bengal.
Major Rivers Of Bangladesh
What is the Major Religion in Bangladesh?
Most Bangladeshis are Sunni Muslims, while Hindus are the largest religious minority in the country.
Religious Beliefs In Bangladesh
What Language is Spoken in Bangladesh?
Bengali or Bangla, the official and national language of Bangladesh, is also the language spoken by the majority of people of the country.
What Languages Are Spoken In Bangladesh?
Are There Any UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Bangladesh?
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Bangladesh include the Ruins of the Buddhist Vihara at Paharpur and the Historic Mosque of the City of Bagerhat.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites In Bangladesh
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Bangladesh?
The largest ethnic group in Bangladesh are the Bengali people, at 98%.