- Name: Ghana
(long form) Republic of Ghana
- Capital City: Accra (2,291,352 pop.)
- Ghana Population: 25,199,609 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Ghana cedi
- Ethnicity: Akan 45.3%, Mole-Dagbon 15.2%, Ewe 11.7%, Ga-Dangme 7.3%, Guan 4%, Gurma 3.6%, Grusi 2.6%, Mande-Busanga 1%, other tribes 1.4%, other 7.8%
- GDP total: $83.18 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $3,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Asante 14.8%, Ewe 12.7%, Fante 9.9%, Boron (Brong) 4.6%, Dagomba 4.3%, Dangme 4.3%, Dagarte (Dagaba) 3.7%, Akyem 3.4%, Ga 3.4%, Akuapem 2.9%, other 36.1% (includes English (official))
- Largest Cities: (by population) Accra, Kumasi, Tamale, Takoradi, Achiaman
- Name: An homage to the ruler of the Malian Ghana Empire, meaning, "Warrior King."
- National Day: March 6
- Religion: Christian 68.8% (Pentecostal/Charismatic 24.1%, Protestant 18.6%, Catholic 15.1%, other 11%), Muslim 15.9%, traditional 8.5%, other 0.7%, none 6.1%
|Land Area||227,533 km2|
|Water Area||11,000 km2|
|Total Area||238,533km2 (#80)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$121.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$4,400|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World