|Land Area||101,000 km2|
|Water Area||16,600 km2|
|Total Area||117,600km2 (#99)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$9.17 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$1,300|
View all cities in Eritrea
- Coastline: 1,388 miles (2,234 km) mainland
715 miles (1,151 km) Red Sea
672 miles (1,083 km) islands in Red Sea
- Land Area:
(land) 38,996 sq miles (101,000 sq km)
(water) 6,409 sq miles (16,600 sq km)
(TOTAL) 45,405 sq miles (117,600 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 6 regions including: Anseba, Debub (South), Debubawi K'eyih Bahri (Southern Red Sea), Gash Barka, Ma'akel (Central), Semenawi Keyih Bahri (Northern Red Sea)
- Horizontal Width: 186.05 miles (299.42 km) from Teseney east to Massawa
- Vertical Length: 138.46 miles (222.83 km) from Kerora south to Asmara
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (3) Djibouti, Ethiopia, Sudan
- Geographic Center: About 128.92 miles (207.47 km) southeast of Asmara
- Highest Point: Soira 9,901 ft (3,018 m)
- Lowest Point: near Kulul within the Danakil Depression -246 ft (-75 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Eritrea?
The Biher-Tigrinya people are the largest ethnic group in Eritrea today, followed by the related Tigre people.
Major Ethnic Groups Of Eritrea
What is the highest mountain in Eritrea?
Dega Mountain has the highest peak in Eritrea. It reaches 9,997 feet above sea level.