- Coastline: 3,100 miles (4,989 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 1,056,641 sq miles (2,736,690 sq km)
(water) 11,660 sq miles (30,200 sq km)
(TOTAL) 1,068,301 sq miles (2,766,890 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 23 provinces and 1 autonomous city. Provinces include: Buenos Aires, Catamarca, Chaco, Chubut, Cordoba, Corrientes, Entre Rios, Formosa, Jujuy, La Pampa, La Rioja, Mendoza, Misiones, Neuquen, Rio Negro, Salta, San Juan, San Luis, Santa Cruz, Santa Fe, Santiago del Estero, Tierra del Fuego - Antartida e Islas del Atlantico Sur and Tucuman; the autonomous city is the Buenos Aires Capital Federal.
- Horizontal Width: 1025 km (625 miles) from the western border with Chile, due east to Buenos Aires
- Vertical Length: 3544 km (2,167 miles) from Ushuaia to the northern border with Bolivia
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (5) Chile, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia
- Geographic Center: 337 km S of Cordoba at coordinates 34 15 S / 64 10 W.
- Highest Point: Aconcagua - 22,835 ft.
- Lowest Point: Laguna del Carbo, just to the north of Puerto Santa Cruz (-344 ft.) (-105 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
What Languages Are Spoken in Argentina?
Spanish is the most spoken language in Argentina. Argentina is the fourth most populous Spanish-speaking nation in the world after Mexico, Spain, and Colombia. Italian ranks second among the languages spoken in Argentina.
What Languages Are Spoken In Argentina?
What is the Capital of Argentina?
The capital of Argentina is Buenos Aires, which is located along the southeastern shore of South America, along the Río de la Plata. This city has a population size of 3.89 million and a metropolitan population of around 17 million, making it the largest in the country and fourth largest in the western hemisphere.
What Is The Capital of Argentina?
What are the Biggest Industries in Argentina?
Food processing and beverages, appliances and electronics, etc., are some of the biggest industries in Argentina.
What Are The Biggest Industries In Argentina?
What Kind of Government Does Argentina Have?
Argentina is a presidential democratic republic where the President is the Head of State and the Head of Government, and the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces. The government operates in three branches, the executive, the legislature, and the judiciary.
What Type Of Government Does Argentina Have?
What is the Biggest City in Argentina?
Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, is also its largest city hosting a population of 2,776,138 people.
The Biggest Cities In Argentina
Where is Argentina?
Argentina is one of the largest countries in South America.