- Name: Argentina
- (long form) Argentine Republic
- Capital City: Buenos Aires (2,891,082 pop.)
- Argentina Population: 42,610,981 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Argentina Peso (ARS)
One Argentinean Peso
- Ethnicity: White (mostly Spanish and Italian) 97%, Mestizo (mixed white and Amerindian ancestry), Amerindian, or other non-white groups 3%
- GDP total: $755.3 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $18,400 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official), Italian, English, German, French
- Largest Cities: (by population) Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Rosario, Mendoza, La Plata, Tucuman, Mar del Plata
- Name: Argentina is derived from the Latin "argentum" meaning "silver".
- National Day: May 25
- Religion: Roman Catholic 92%, Protestant 2%, Jewish 2%, other 4%
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World