- Name: Tonga
(long form) Kingdom of Tonga
- Capital City: Nuku'alofa (23,658 pop.)
- Tonga Population: 103,036 (2011 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Pa'anga
- Ethnicity: Polynesian, Europeans
- GDP total: $767 million (2010 est.)
- GDP per capita: $6,300 (2010 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Tongan (official), English (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Nuku'alofa, Neiafu
- Name: As the Tongan archipelago is the southernmost group of islands of central Polynesia (in many Polynesian languages) the word Tonga means "south"
- National Day: November 4
- Religion: Christian (Free Wesleyan Church claims over 30,000 adherents)
|Land Area||717 km2|
|Water Area||30 km2|
|Total Area||747km2 (#174)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$557.00 Million|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World