- Name: Papua New Guinea
- Capital City: Port Moresby (307,643 pop.)
- Papua New Guinea Population: 6,310,129 (2012 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Papua New Guinean kina (PGK)
- Ethnicity: Melanesian, Papuan, Negrito, Micronesian, Polynesian
- GDP total: $14.93 billion (2010 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,500 (2010 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Tok Pisin, English, and Hiri Motu are official languages; some 860 indigenous languages spoken (over one-tenth of the world's total)
note: Tok Pisin, a creole language, is widely used and understood; English is spoken by 1%-2%; Hiri Motu is spoken by less than 2%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Port Moresby, Lae, Arawa, Mount Hagen, Popondetta, Madang
- Name: Papua refers to the race of people who inhabited New Guinea, and comes fom the Malay papuah meaning "frizzled"
- National Day: September 16
- Religion: Roman Catholic 27%, Evangelical Lutheran 19.5%, United Church 11.5%, Seventh-Day Adventist 10%, Pentecostal 8.6%, Evangelical Alliance 5.2%, Anglican 3.2%, Baptist 2.5%, other Protestant 8.9%, Bahai 0.3%, indigenous beliefs and other 3.3%
Papua New Guinea's Information
|Land Area||452,860 km2|
|Water Area||9,980 km2|
|Total Area||462,840km2 (#54)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (National Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$28.02 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$3,500|
|More Information||Papua New Guinea|
About Papua New Guinea
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World