|Land Area||1,943,945 km2|
|Water Area||20,430 km2|
|Total Area||1,964,375km2 (#13)|
|Government Type||Federal Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$2,310.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$18,900|
View all cities in Mexico
- Name: Mexico
- Name: (long form) United Mexican States
- Name Orgin: Mexico's name is derived from its capital city, originally named by the Aztecs, and closely related to the Mexica tribe.
- Capital City: Mexico City (pop. 21.2 million)
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) (conversion rates)
- GDP: $1.541 trillion (2010)
- GDP: (per capita) $15,323 (2010)
- Landforms/Land Sizes
- Languages: Spanish 92.7%, regional indigenous dialects 5.7%, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Mexico, City, Iztapalapa, Ecatepec, Guadalajara, Puebla de Zaragoza, Ciudad Juarez
- National Day: September 16
- Population: 112,468,855 (July, 2010 estimate)
- Population & Density: (all countries)
- Religions: Catholic (89%), Protestant (6%), others
About the AuthorJohn Moen is a cartographer who along with his wife are the orignal founders of worldatlas.com. He and his wife, Chris Woolwine-Moen, produced thousands of award-winning maps that are used all over the world and content that aids students, teachers, travelers and parents with their geography and map questions. Today, it's one of the most popular educational sites on the web.
What Languages Are Spoken in Mexico?
A large number of languages are spoken in the ethnically diverse country of Mexico, with Spanish being the most popular one.
What Languages Are Spoken In Mexico?
What Kind of Government Does Mexico Have?
Mexico is a federal presidential representative democratic republic where the president is the head of state and the head of government.
What Type Of Government Does Mexico Have?
What is the Most Popular Religion in Mexico?
Roman Catholicism is the most popular religion in Mexico, accounting for more than 90% of the population. Other types of Christianity make up around 6.6% of the country's total population.
Religious Beliefs In Mexico
What Continent is Mexico In?
Mexico is located in the southern portion of North America.
What Continent Is Mexico In?
What is the Richest State in Mexico?
The state of Nuevo León has a gross domestic product per capita (PPP) of $27,000, making it the richest state in Mexico.
The 10 Richest States In Mexico
What are the Biggest Industries in Mexico?
Tobacco, aerospace, petroleum, mining, etc., are some of Mexico's biggest industries.