- Name: Dominica
(long form) Commonwealth of Dominica
- Capital City: Roseau (14,847 pop.)
- Dominica Population: 73,286 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: East Caribbean Dollar
One Hundred East Caribbean Dollars
- Ethnicity: Black 86.8%, Mixed 8.9%, Carib Amerindian 2.9%, White 0.8%, others 0.7%
- GDP total: $1.035 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $14,600 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), French patois
- Largest Cities: (by population) Roseau, Portsmouth, Marigot, Berekua, Mahaut, Saint Joseph, Wesley, Salisbury, Castle Bruce, La Plaine
- Name: Dominica is named after the Italian word for "Sunday", which is "Domenica". This is because Christopher Columbus discovered the island on a Sunday.
- National Day: November 3
- Religion: Roman Catholic 61.4%, Seventh Day Adventist 6%, Pentecostal 5.6%, Baptist 4.1%, Methodist 3.7%, Church of God 1.2%, Jehovah's Witnesses 1.2%, other Christian 7.7%, Rastafarian 1.3%, other 1.6%, none 6.1%
|Land Area||751 km2|
|Total Area||751km2 (#173)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$812.00 Million|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,400|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World