- Name: Barbados
- Capital City: Bridgetown (96,578 pop.)
- Barbados Population: 288,725 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Barbadian Dollor (BBD)
Two Barbadian Dollars
- Ethnicity: black 93%, white 3.2%, mixed 2.6%, East Indian 1%, other 0.2%
- GDP total: $7.091 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $25,500 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Bajan
- Largest Cities: (by population) Bridgetown, Speightstown, Oistins
- Name: The Portuguese coined the name and (legend has it) that Barbados means "bearded one" after either the bearded Caribs that first populated the island, or the island's indigenous bearded fig trees.
- National Day: November 30
- Religion: Protestant 63.4% (Anglican 28.3%, Pentecostal 18.7%, Methodist 5.1%, other 11.3%), Roman Catholic 4.2%, Christian 7%, other 4.8%, none or unspecified 20.6%
|Land Area||430 km2|
|Total Area||430km2 (#182)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$4.80 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$17,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World