Antigua and Barbuda's Information
|Land Area||443 km2|
|Total Area||443km2 (#181)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$2.17 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$24,100|
|More Information||Antigua and Barbuda|
- Name: Antigua and Barbuda
- Capital City: St. John's (31,000 pop.)
- Antigua and Barbuda Population: 90,156 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD)
One Hundred East Caribbean Dollars
- Ethnicity: Black 91%, Mixed 4.4%, White 1.7%, other 2.9% (2001 census)
- GDP total: $1.535 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $17,500 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), local dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) St. John's, All Saints, Liberta, Bolans, Potters Village, Parham, Carlisle, Cedar Grove, Swetes, Codrington
- Name: Columbus named the island "Antigua" in honor of Spain's Virgin of La Antigua. "Barbuda" is thought to be named, like Barbados, for wild fig trees whose aerial roots give them a bearded appearance.
- National Day: November 1
- Religion: Anglican 25.7%, Seventh Day Adventist 12.3%, Pentecostal 10.6%, Moravian 10.5%, Roman Catholic 10.4%, Methodist 7.9%, Baptist 4.9%, Church of God 4.5%, other Christian 5.4%, other 2%, none or unspecified 5.8% (2001 census)
Antigua and Barbuda Trivia
What Languages are Spoken in Antigua and Barbuda?
English is the official language of Antigua and Barbuda.
What Languages Are Spoken in Antigua and Barbuda?
What Kind of Government Does Antigua and Barbuda Have?
The government of Antigua and Barbuda is a unitary, parliamentary, representative democratic monarchy, which means the Sovereign of Antigua and Barbuda is the head of state and the prime minister is the head of government.
What Type of Government Does Antigua and Barbuda Have?
What is the biggest city in Antigua And Barbuda?
St. John’s is the most populated city in Antigua and Barbuda as well as the capital and primary economic center of the country. It has a population of 22,634.
Biggest Cities In Antigua and Barbuda
When Was the Flag of Antigua and Barbuda Adopted?
Antigua and Barbuda's national flag was adopted on February 27, 1967.