- Name: Antigua and Barbuda
- Capital City: St. John's (31,000 pop.)
- Antigua and Barbuda Population: 90,156 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD)
One Hundred East Caribbean Dollars
- Ethnicity: Black 91%, Mixed 4.4%, White 1.7%, other 2.9% (2001 census)
- GDP total: $1.535 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $17,500 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), local dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) St. John's, All Saints, Liberta, Bolans, Potters Village, Parham, Carlisle, Cedar Grove, Swetes, Codrington
- Name: Columbus named the island "Antigua" in honor of Spain's Virgin of La Antigua. "Barbuda" is thought to be named, like Barbados, for wild fig trees whose aerial roots give them a bearded appearance.
- National Day: November 1
- Religion: Anglican 25.7%, Seventh Day Adventist 12.3%, Pentecostal 10.6%, Moravian 10.5%, Roman Catholic 10.4%, Methodist 7.9%, Baptist 4.9%, Church of God 4.5%, other Christian 5.4%, other 2%, none or unspecified 5.8% (2001 census)
Antigua and Barbuda's Information
|Land Area||443 km2|
|Total Area||443km2 (#181)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$2.17 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$24,100|
|More Information||Antigua and Barbuda|
About Antigua and Barbuda
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World