|Land Area||33,893 km2|
|Water Area||7,650 km2|
|Total Area||41,543km2 (#131)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy; Part Of The Kingdom Of The Netherlands|
|GDP (PPP)||$871.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$50,800|
View all cities in Netherlands
- Name: Netherlands
(long form) Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Capital City: Amsterdam (780,152 pop.)
- Netherlands Population: 16,805,037 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: Dutch 80.7%, EU 5%, Indonesian 2.4%, Turkish 2.2%, Surinamese 2%, Moroccan 2%, Caribbean 0.8%, other 4.8% (2008 est.)
- GDP total: $709.5 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $42,300 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Dutch (official), Frisian (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Tilburg, Groningen, Breda, Apeldoorn, Nijmegen
- Name: Netherlands comes from the Dutch word Nederland, which means "lower land."
- National Day: April 30, Queen's Day
It celebrates the birthday of the former Queen Juliana and is one of the largest, most vibrant celebrations on the Dutch calendar. Flags fly, music pumps and millions take to the streets for a national celebration.
- Religion: Roman Catholic 30%, Dutch Reformed 11%, Calvinist 6%, other Protestant 3%, Muslim 5.8%, other 2.2%, none 42% (2006)
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.