- Name: Moldova
Republic of Moldova (long form)
- Capital City: Chisinau (664,700 pop.)
- Moldova Population: 3,619,925 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Moldovan leu
One Moldovan leu
- Ethnicity: Moldovan/Romanian 78.2%, Ukrainian 8.4%, Russian 5.8%, Gagauz 4.4%, Bulgarian 1.9%, other 1.3%
- GDP total: $12.27 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $3,500 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Moldovan (official, virtually the same as the Romanian language), Russian, Gagauz (a Turkish dialect)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Chisinau, Tiraspol, Balti, Tighina
- Name: Moldova's name comes from the Moldova River near the city of Roman, however the exact origin of the name is disputed.
- National Day: August 27
- Religion: Eastern Orthodox 98%, Jewish 1.5%, Baptist and other 0.5%
|Land Area||32,891 km2|
|Water Area||960 km2|
|Total Area||33,851km2 (#135)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$18.54 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World