- Name: Macedonia
(long form) Republic of Macedonia
- Capital City: Skopje (668,518 pop.)
- Macedonia Population: 2,087,171 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Macedonian Denar
- Ethnicity: Macedonian 64.2%, Albanian 25.2%, Turkish 3.9%, Roma (Gypsy) 2.7%, Serb 1.8%, other 2.2%
- GDP total: $10.5 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $10,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Macedonian (official) 66.5%, Albanian (official) 25.1%, Turkish 3.5%, Roma 1.9%, Serbian 1.2%, other 1.8%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Skopje, Kumanovo, Bitola, Prilep, Tetovo, Veles, Ohrid, Gostivar, Shtip, Strumica
- Name: Greek in origin, Macedonia comes from the adjective makednos (tall, taper), and is believed to mean "highlanders" or "the tall ones."
- National Day: September 8
- Religion: Macedonian Orthodox 64.7%, Muslim 33.3%, other Christian 0.37%, other 1.63%
|Land Area||25,433 km2|
|Water Area||280 km2|
|Total Area||25,713km2 (#145)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$29.52 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$14,500|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World