- Name: Luxembourg
- (long form) Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Capital City: Luxembourg (88,586 pop.)
- Luxembourg Population: 514,862 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: Luxembourger 63.1%, Portuguese 13.3%, French 4.5%, Italian 4.3%, German 2.3%, other EU 7.3%, other 5.2%
- GDP total: $42.19 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $80,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Luxembourgish (national language), German (administrative language), French (administrative language)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Luxembourg, Esch-sur-Alzette, Dudelange, Schifflange, Bettembourg, Pétange, Ettelbruck, Diekirch, Strassen
- Name: The prefix luxem- is derived from the Celtic word Lucilem, meaning "small," while the suffix -bourg is from the Germanic burg, meaning "castle." Together, lucilemburg means "little castle."
- National Day: June 23
- Religion: Roman Catholic 87%, other (includes Protestant, Jewish, and Muslim) 13%
|Land Area||2,586 km2|
|Total Area||2,586km2 (#167)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$58.74 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$102,000|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries