|Land Area||27,398 km2|
|Water Area||1,350 km2|
|Total Area||28,748km2 (#140)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$33.90 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,900|
View all cities in Albania
- Name: Albania
(long form) Republic of Albania
- Capital City: Tirana (618,431 pop.)
- Albania Population: 3,011,405 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Lek
- Ethnicity: Albanian 95%, Greek 3%, other 2% (Vlach, Roma (Gypsy), Serb, Macedonian, Bulgarian)
- GDP total: $25.86 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $8,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Albanian (official - derived from Tosk dialect), Greek, Vlach, Romani, Slavic dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) Tirana, Durres, Elbasan, Vlore, Shkoder, Fier-Cifci, Korce, Fier, Berat, Lushnje, Kavaje, Lac, Gjirokaster, Patos Fshat, Kruje
- Name: Albania's name comes from the medieval Greek word Alb (white or mountain)
- National Day: May 9
- Religion: Muslim 70%, Albanian Orthodox 20%, Roman Catholic 10%
- Note: percentages are estimates; there are no available current statistics on religious affiliation; all mosques and churches were closed in 1967 and religious observances prohibited; in November 1990, Albania began allowing private religious practice
Where is Albania?
Albania is a mountainous country located in Southeastern Europe.
Fun Facts about Albania
What is the biggest city in Albania?
Tiranë, the capital city of Albania, is the largest city in Albania. It has a population of around 860,000 people.
What are the Biggest Cities in Albania?
What Languages are Spoken in Albania?
Albania is an ethnically homogeneous country with a vast majority of the population speaking the Albanian language.
What Languages Are Spoken In Albania?
What is a Puppet Government?
A "puppet state" is a government that has little will of its own, as it needs financial backing or military support. Thus, it acts an a subordinate to another power in exchange for its own survival. The puppet government still holds its own facade of an identity, perpetuated by retaining its own flag, name, national anthem, law, and constitution. However, these type of governments are not considered as legitimate according to international law.
What Is A Puppet Government?
Are There Any UNESCO Sites in Albania?
Some of the Albanian World Heritage Sites include Burtint, the Historic Berat and Gjirokastra, the Durres Amphitheater, and the Royal Tombs of Selca.
UNESCO World Heritage Sites In Albania
What is the Biggest National Park in Albania?
The largest national park in Albania is Fir of Hotova National Park, which covers a total of 34,361 hectares.