|Land Area||510,890 km2|
|Water Area||2,230 km2|
|Total Area||513,120km2 (#50)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy; Note - Interim Military-affiliated Government Since May 2014|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,160.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$16,800|
View all cities in Thailand
- Name: Thailand
(long form) Kingdom of Thailand
- Capital City: Bangkok (8,249,117 pop.)
- Thailand Population: 67,448,120 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Baht (THB)
- Ethnicity: Thai 75%, Chinese 14%, other 11%
- GDP total: $377 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $10,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Thai, English (secondary language of the elite), ethnic and regional dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Mueang Nonthaburi, Udon Thani
- Name: Thailand's name comes from an ethnic group (the Thai people) of the central plains.
- National Day: December 5
- Religion: Buddhist 94.6%, Muslim 4.6%, Christian 0.7%, other 0.1%
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.
What is the Largest Ethnic Group in Thailand?
The Thai people make up the largest ethnic group of Thailand, representing 91.5% of the population.