- Name: Thailand
(long form) Kingdom of Thailand
- Capital City: Bangkok (8,249,117 pop.)
- Thailand Population: 67,448,120 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Baht (THB)
- Ethnicity: Thai 75%, Chinese 14%, other 11%
- GDP total: $377 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $10,000 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Thai, English (secondary language of the elite), ethnic and regional dialects
- Largest Cities: (by population) Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Mueang Nonthaburi, Udon Thani
- Name: Thailand's name comes from an ethnic group (the Thai people) of the central plains.
- National Day: December 5
- Religion: Buddhist 94.6%, Muslim 4.6%, Christian 0.7%, other 0.1%
|Land Area||510,890 km2|
|Water Area||2,230 km2|
|Total Area||513,120km2 (#50)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy; Note - Interim Military-affiliated Government Since May 2014|
|GDP (PPP)||$1,160.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$16,800|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What is Silicon Valley?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World