|Land Area||328,657 km2|
|Water Area||1,190 km2|
|Total Area||329,847km2 (#66)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$863.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$27,200|
View all cities in Malaysia
- Name: Malaysia
- Capital City: Kuala Lumpur (1,627,172 pop.)
- Malaysia Population: 29,628,392 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Ringgit (MYR)
- Ethnicity: Malay 50.4%, Chinese 23.7%, indigenous 11%, Indian 7.1%, others 7.8%
- GDP total: $307.2 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $16,900 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Bahasa Malaysia (official), English, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien, Hakka, Hainan, Foochow), Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Panjabi, Thai note: in East Malaysia there are several indigenous languages; most widely spoken are Iban and Kadazan
- Largest Cities: (by population) Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Ipoh, Kuching, Kuala Terengganu
- Name: From the Sanskrit Malaiur meaning "land of mountains"
- National Day: August 31
- Religion: Muslim 60.4%, Buddhist 19.2%, Christian 9.1%, Hindu 6.3%, Confucianism, Taoism, other traditional Chinese religions 2.6%, other or unknown 1.5%, none 0.8%
What are the Major Ethnic Groups of Malaysia?
Malaysia is a Southeastern Asian country that is multiracial, with many different ethnic groups living in the country. These include Malays, Chinese, Indians, and other indigenous Bumiputra groups.
Ethnic Groups Of Malaysia
Countries of Asia
This page was last updated on April 7, 2017.