- Name: Malaysia
- Capital City: Kuala Lumpur (1,627,172 pop.)
- Malaysia Population: 29,628,392 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Ringgit (MYR)
- Ethnicity: Malay 50.4%, Chinese 23.7%, indigenous 11%, Indian 7.1%, others 7.8%
- GDP total: $307.2 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $16,900 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Bahasa Malaysia (official), English, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien, Hakka, Hainan, Foochow), Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Panjabi, Thai note: in East Malaysia there are several indigenous languages; most widely spoken are Iban and Kadazan
- Largest Cities: (by population) Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bahru, Ipoh, Kuching, Kuala Terengganu
- Name: From the Sanskrit Malaiur meaning "land of mountains"
- National Day: August 31
- Religion: Muslim 60.4%, Buddhist 19.2%, Christian 9.1%, Hindu 6.3%, Confucianism, Taoism, other traditional Chinese religions 2.6%, other or unknown 1.5%, none 0.8%
|Land Area||328,657 km2|
|Water Area||1,190 km2|
|Total Area||329,847km2 (#66)|
|Government Type||Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$863.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$27,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries