- Coastline: 240 miles (386 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 62,343 sq miles (161,470 sq km)
(water) 695 sq miles (1,800 sq km)
(TOTAL) 63,038 sq miles (163,270 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 10 districts, including: Brokopondo, Commewijne, Coronie, Marowijne, Nickerie, Para, Paramaribo, Saramacca, Sipaliwini and Wanica.
- Horizontal Width: 312 km (194 miles) from Apura straight east to the border with French Guiana
- Vertical Length: 341 km (212 miles) from Paramaribo straight south to the border with Brazil
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (3) Brazil, Guyana, French Guina
- Geographic Center: 162 km (100 miles) NW of Apetina at coordinates 4 00 N, 56 00 W
- Highest Point: Jualiana Top - 4,035 ft. (1,230 m)
- Lowest Point: Unnamed location along the coastal plain (-6.5 ft.) (-2 m) below sea level
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||156,000 km2|
|Water Area||7,820 km2|
|Total Area||163,820km2 (#90)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$8.55 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$15,200|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
The Most Popular Sports in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World