- Coastline: 235 miles (378 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 34,421 sq miles (89,150 sq km)
(water) 714 sq miles (1,850 sq km)
(TOTAL) 35,135 sq miles (91,000 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: French Guiana is divided into two arrondissements - Cayenne and Saint-Laurent Du Maroni - and 19 cantons and 22 towns and villages.
- Horizontal Width: 300 km (186 miles) from Grand-Santi east to Quanary
- Vertical Length: 333 km (207 miles) from Sinnamary straight south to the border with Brazil
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (2) Suriname, Brazil
- Geographic Center: 155 km (96 miles) SW from Cayenne at coordinates 3.55 N, 53.15 W
- Highest Point: Bellevue de l'Inini - 2,792 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean - 0 ft. (0 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
French Guiana's Information
|More Information||French Guiana|
About French Guiana
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World