- Name: Ecuador
(long form) Republic of Ecuador
- Capital City: Quito (1,397,698 pop.)
- Ecuador Population: 15,439,429 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: United States Dollar (USD)
One United States Dollar
- Ethnicity: Mestizo (mixed Amerindian and white) 65%, Amerindian 25%, Spanish and others 7%, black 3%
- GDP total: $155.8 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $10,200 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official), Amerindian languages (especially Quechua)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Guayaquil, Quito, Cuenca, Santa Domingo de los Colorados, Machala, Manta, Portoviejo, Duran, Ambato, Riobamba
- Name: Ecuador takes its name from the Equator, which runs through the country.
- National Day: August 10
- Religion: Roman Catholic 95%, other 5%
|Land Area||276,841 km2|
|Water Area||6,720 km2|
|Total Area||283,561km2 (#73)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$182.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,000|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Why Does Ice Float?
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
29 Largest Armies In The World