- Coastline: 260 miles (419 km)
- Land Area:
( land) 277 sq miles (717 sq km)
( water) 12 sq miles (30 sq km)
( TOTAL) 288 sq miles (747 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 3 island groups in Tonga. They are Ha'apai, Tongatapu, and Vava'u.
- Horizontal Width: 43.29 (69.66 km) from from Houma east to Fatuma
- Vertical Length: 32.14 miles (51.72 km) from Kolonga south to Fua'amotu
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (0)
- Geographic Center: unknown
- Highest Point: unnamed elevation on Kao Island 3,389 ft. (1,033 m)
- Lowest Point: Pacific Ocean 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
|Land Area||717 km2|
|Water Area||30 km2|
|Total Area||747km2 (#174)|
|Government Type||Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$557.00 Million|
|GDP Per Capita||$5,300|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World