- Name: Bahamas
(long form) Commonwealth of the Bahamas
- Capital City: Nassau (248,948 pop.)
- Bahamas Population: 319,031 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Bahamian Dollar (BSD)
One Bahamian Dollar
- Ethnicity: Black 85%, White 12%, Asian and Hispanic 3%
- GDP total: $11.04 billion (2012 est)
- GDP per capita: $31,300 (2012 est)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Creole
- Largest Cities: (by population) Nassau, Lucaya, Freeport, West End, Cooper's Town, Marsh Harbour, High Rock, Andros Town, Clarence Town, Dunmore Town
- Name: The origin of "Bahama" is unclear. It may have originated from the "baja mar" meaning "shallow seas"
- National Day: July 10
- Religion: Baptist 35.4%, Anglican 15.1%, Roman Catholic 13.5%, Pentecostal 8.1%, Church of God 4.8%, Methodist 4.2%, other Christian 15.2%, none or unspecified 2.9%, other 0.8%
|Land Area||10,010 km2|
|Water Area||3,870 km2|
|Total Area||13,880km2 (#155)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Democracy (Parliament) Under A Constitutional Monarchy; A Commonwealth Realm|
|GDP (PPP)||$9.07 Billion|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
What are Roman Numerals?
What Are The Differences Between A Lake And A Pond?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The Most Popular Sports in the World
Are Kangaroos Only Found In Australia?
29 Largest Armies In The World