- Name: El Salvador
(long form) Republic of El Salvador
- Capital City: San Salvador (540,898 pop.)
(2,290,790 metro pop.)
- El Salvador Population: 6,108,590 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: The U.S. Dollar is the official currency. The Salvadoran Colón (SVC) is still accepted, but printing has ceased. (conversion rates)
One El Salvador Colón
- Ethnicity: Mestizo 90%, white 9%, Amerindian 1%
- GDP total: $45.98 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $7,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Spanish (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) San Salvador, Soyapango, Santa Ana, San Miguel, Mejicanos, Nueva San Salvador, Apopa
- Name: El Salvador translated means "The Savior"
- Independence Day: September 15
- Religion: Catholic (83%), Protestant, others
El Salvador's Information
|Land Area||20,721 km2|
|Water Area||320 km2|
|Total Area||21,041km2 (#148)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$54.79 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$8,900|
|More Information||El Salvador|
About El Salvador
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World