- Name: Sweden
(long form) Kingdom of Sweden
(local short form) Sverige
- Capital City: Stockholm (847,073 pop.)
- Sweden Population: 9,119,423 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Swedish Krona - (plural) Kronor
- Ethnicity: Swedes with Finnish and Sami minorities; foreign-born or first-generation immigrants: Finns, Yugoslavs, Danes, Norwegians, Greeks, Turks
- GDP total: $395.8 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $41,700 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Swedish (official), small Sami- and Finnish-speaking minorities
- Largest Cities: (by population) Stockholm, Goteborg, Malmo, Uppsala, Vasteras
- Name: The origin of the name is generally not agreed upon but may derive from Proto-Germanic Swihoniz meaning "one's own."
- National Day: June 6
- Religion: Lutheran 87%, other (includes Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Baptist, Muslim, Jewish, and Buddhist) 13%
|Land Area||410,335 km2|
|Water Area||39,960 km2|
|Total Area||450,295km2 (#55)|
|Government Type||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|GDP (PPP)||$498.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$49,700|
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World