- Continent Size: 8,112,000 sq km, 3,132,059 sq miles. Note: While some others do, our Oceania size (shown above) does not factor in the Malay Archipelago, which includes Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, East Malaysia and East Timor. Also, Hawaii is not included as it geographically belongs to no continent.
- Percent of Earth's Land: 5.3%
- Highest Point: Mt. Wilheim, Papua New Guinea, 18,506 ft (5,642m) (see map)
- Lowest Point: Lake Eyre, Australia (-52 ft) (-16m) (see map)
- Geographic Center: unavailable
- Horizontal Length: 5,889 miles (9,478 km) from Perth, Australia, east to Papeete, Tahiti: (see map)
- Vertical Length: 3,910 miles (6.292 km) from Auckland, New Zealand northwest to Guam: (see map) Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements and will vary some using other map projections.
This page was last updated on September 19, 2016.