|Land Area||527,968 km2|
|Total Area||527,968km2 (#49)|
|Government Type||In Transition|
|GDP (PPP)||$73.45 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$2,500|
View all cities in Yemen
- Name: Yemen
(long form) Republic of Yemen
- Capital City: Sana'a (1,747,627 pop.)
- Yemen Population: 25,408,288 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Yemeni Rial (YER)
- Ethnicity: predominantly Arab; but also Afro-Arab, South Asians, Europeans
- GDP total: $54.85 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $2,200 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: Arabic (official)
- Largest Cities: (by population) Sana'a, Aden, Taizz, Hudaydah, Mukalla, Ibb, Dhamar
- Name: There are two proposed meanings behind Yemen's name, the first being derived from yamin, meaning "on the right side," and the other derived from yumm, meaning "felicity," in reference to the fertile region
- National Day: May 22
- Religion: Muslim including Shaf'i (Sunni) and Zaydi (Shia), as well as small numbers of Jewish, Christian, and Hindu
This page was last updated on September 29, 2015.
Which Countries Have a Theocratic Government?
Some of the countries with a theocratic government include Yemen, Vatican City, Sudan, and Mauritania.