- Coastline: 832 miles (1,340 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 24,954 sq miles (64,630 sq km)
(water) 378 sq miles (980 sq km)
(TOTAL) 25,332 sq miles (65,610 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: There are 8 provinces, including Central, North Central, North Eastern, North Western, Sabaragamuwa, Southern, Uva and Western.
- Horizontal Width: 135.96 miles (218.81 km) from Negombo east to Kalmunai
- Vertical Length: 207.79 miles (334.4 km) from Jaffna south to Galle
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (0)
- Geographic Center: About 27.36 miles (44.03 km) southeast of Matale
- Highest Point: Pidurutalagala 8,261 ft. (2,518 m)
- Lowest Point: Indian Ocean 0 m
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Sri Lanka's Information
|Land Area||64,630 km2|
|Water Area||980 km2|
|Total Area||65,610km2 (#120)|
|Government Type||Presidential Republic|
|GDP (PPP)||$237.00 Billion|
|GDP Per Capita||$11,200|
|More Information||Sri Lanka|
About Sri Lanka
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
Why Does Ice Float?
Is the Moon a Planet or a Star?
Countries That Start With The Letter N
Which Country Has the Most Lakes?
Shanghai, China is said to be the world's most populated city.
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Most Popular Sports in the World